DECISION TIME – SHOULD YOU CHOOSE A DIESEL TRUCK OVER A GAS POWERED ONE?
Thinking of buying a truck? Start by choosing the engine type you want! ? Ultimately, your choice will depend completely on your needs. Diesel trucks can generally tow much heavier weights than gasoline vehicles but gas trucks have better acceleration. Diesel trucks also tend to be more expensive than their gas counterparts.
Back To Basics – What is a diesel truck ?
Diesel engines are compression-ignition engines, meaning that the fuel is ignited by compression of the air in the engine. This makes them extremely efficient, and they can run on a variety of fuels, including biodiesel, ethanol, or even straight vegetable oil!
Diesel trucks are more fuel efficient than gasoline powered vehicles because diesel engines create more torque, which allows the truck to move more weight with less power. Although diesel fuel is often more expensive than gasoline, the fuel economy of a diesel truck can offset this cost over time.
WHAT ARE THE PROS OF BUYING A DIESEL TRUCK
- Diesel engines have a longer lifespan than gasoline engines
- Diesel engines are less expensive to maintain than gasoline engines
- Diesel trucks are more fuel efficient than gasoline powered vehicles
WHAT ARE THE CONS OF BUYING A DIESEL TRUCK?
- They are more expensive to buy than gasoline trucks
- They are more difficult to start in cold weather
- Diesel engines are noisier than gasoline engine
WHAT ARE THE PROS OF BUYING A GAS POWERED TRUCK?
- Gasoline-powered trucks have better acceleration than diesel..
- The engines are typically less expensive than diesel engines.
- They are easier to start in cold weather.
- Gasoline engines are generally less expensive to maintain.
- Trucks with gasoline engines can run on other fuels, such as ethanol, which is becoming more common.
WHAT ARE THE CONS OF BUYING A GASOLINE POWERED TRUCK?
- Gas powered trucks are cheaper to buy, but diesel engines have a higher resale value.
- Diesel engines also offer better fuel economy and typically produce more torque than gasoline engines.
- Gasoline engines experience engine problems more frequently. This means that you may end up paying more for repairs down the road.
The Bottom Line:
If you’re frequently towing large trailers or hauling heavy loads, a diesel engine is likely a better choice. They have much more torque than gasoline engines and can handle more weight. Gasoline engines are better for acceleration and everyday driving, making them a good choice for people who don’t need to tow or haul a lot of weight. Diesel trucks tend to be more expensive than gas trucks, so if you’re on a budget, a gasoline engine may be the best option for you.